Our vision is to become one of the Top 10 Charter Schools in Georgia and the Nation.
The goal of Dekalb Academy of Technology and the Environment, Inc. is to educate a student population about the essential need to consider environmental ramifications of technology and other business decisions, via a hands-on, community-oriented instructional curriculum. The Academy will improve student achievement via a curriculum which:
- Recognizes the important link between technology and the environment
- Promotes higher order thinking skills – critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Motivates students by offering a real world context for learning
- Engages learners in investigative, hands-on/minds-on, student-centered, and cooperative activities between industry and environmental groups
- Advances educational reform goals
- Correlates to state and national academic standards
- Considers the environment in its totality, i.e., the co-existence of business and the environment
- Promotes continuous lifelong learning
Message from Dr. Wills, CEO
DeKalb Academy of Technology and Environment Charter School
Regular meeting of the Board of Directors is held on:
Tuesday, January 29, 2019
At 6:30 p.m.
Location: 1492 Kelton Drive - Stone Mountain, GA 30083
The meeting is conducted in accordance with the Open Meeting Act and the public is invited to attend. Any person with a disability who needs accommodation for participation
in this meeting should contact the school office at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting to request assistance. Call 678.999.9290
From One to C.E.O. to Another C.E.O. Our very on 3rd grade student and C.E.O., Mr. Caden Harris, was recently featured in the *Champion Newspaper, *where he mentioned his school, D.A.T.E. Academy. Caden discusses his business and his book: *Daddy Did You Know*, where he provides opportunities for students to save their money and there is also a picture from our Career Day viewed.* Daddy Did You Know* teaches children about science, engineering, technology, learning and finances. In addition, Caden also entered a business pitching competition, similar to Shark Tank last week, where he won $25,000.00 for his business. Congratulations Caden and continue to focus on STEAM as you begin to change the world one step at a time.
Animation at DATE
DATE on NBC